maandag 6 januari 2014

Mood Blanket ; week 1

One of my big projects for this year is making a Mood Blanket.
I came across this idea on Instagram.
It's an idea from Mummy_stacey. Basicly you crochet (or knit) a square a day or week in a color that matches your mood that week/day.
I chose to crochet one granny square a week. Mainly because with my fybromyalgia I'm not able to crochet everyday. And I know myself well enough to know that some days I'm just to busy to create.

So first up , in preperation for this project, was a trip to my local yarn shop. I could have just as easily orderd my yarn online. But I wanted to feel the yarn and see in person how the colors matched. Also I love buying things in a actual shop.
Now I always get a bit greedy when I'm in that shop. There is so much nice stuff!
After a bit of looking around I settled on the Paris Drops yarn. It's a quite thick yarn, I've never worked with that before, but I've heard it's lovely to work with. My biggest reason to go for this was that the colors really spoke to me. 


 
I tried to make a good mix of happy colors for good moods and to include some darker shades for darker moods.
When I got home and started assigning moods to colors I realised I was one color short. I really love these colors together and don't really want to add another one so I deceided to leave it. 
To keep track of which color represents which mood I made a small color-mood-chart in a little notebook. 


I'm also planning to write a little bit about each week. About why I chose that color for that week. 

With all the preperations done it was time to start my first square!!
For this first week I went with the pink. Because I am so excited for 2014 and all the possibilities it gives.


The yarn did take some getting used to. I am very much in love with the color though! It took me about 20 minutes to finish the square. I have since added another row because was scared I would end up with a small blanket. 
I am really into crocheting right now. It's something that doesn't require much space and that I can do on the coucht while watching tv. My heart wants to crochet more squares. But my head ( and hands) tell me to take it easy.
I can't wait for the blanket to take shape =).

I'll keep you posted on the progress!
  






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten